Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory.
If you feel you need something nutritious and delicious to replace one of your daily coffees with, look no further than Dr Brittany’s famous Turmeric Latte. This warm drink is a blend of turmeric and complementary spices that has amazing anti-inflammatory effects. The best part is that it only takes 5 minutes to make and all the ingredients can be bought at your local grocery store.
This warm drink can be used if:
- You have a headache
- You are struggling with menstrual cramps
- You have just had an intense workout
- You have a stiff neck
- You’re feeling extra stressed
- You have joint pain
- You are struggling with insomnia
IMPORTANT: This drink is safe during pregnancy, but please drink it in moderation and always check with your gynae.
Turmeric Latte Recipe
- 2 cups almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp maple syrup / raw honey
- Grind of black pepper
- Add all ingredients in a saucepan and stir constantly over gentle heat.
- Once hot, pour into mug/s and sprinkle with a little more cinnamon to serve.
- Enjoy the natural anti-inflammatory effects!
In case you were wondering why black pepper is on the ingredient list, it is because it contains piperine which increases the bioavailability of the curcumin in the turmeric by up to 2000%! So be sure to add in that grind of black pepper.